11.9.09

What I'm reading now.

I'm currently reading L.A Candy by Lauren Conrad which I have to admit, is definitely not the best celebrity novel I've ever laid my eyes on. How it ended up on the NY Times book list, I have no idea. It's a mixture of cliche situations and unsophisticated dialogue with characters mostly one dimensional and extremely dull. Nevertheless, it might be enjoyable for a few of you who enjoy the idea of reality television, the ideals of fame and 'living the ultimate L.A life'. If you enjoy the television show, The Hills, I am sure you will enjoy this book however don't be fooled by the pretty cover...the written aspect is not half as sweet. For the rest of you, the novel will be a tortorous bore; one which you'd probably want to just flip over and throw in the bin.